Round 47: I’m’a call it dick no matter what
I called Dead Pool 46 for fawn, who took the dick with Bonnie Franklin. But I have a feeling Hutch was robbed. See, he had Hugo Chavez. And if they’re lying about the day Hugo popped his clogs…well, if he died before March 1 (and I suspect he did), it would be a total Dead Pool upset. So Hutch is getting a consolation dick.
And, hey — good news! They’re going to pickle Chavez and put him on permanent display!
Okay, here we go…
0. Rule Zero (AKA Steve’s Rule): your pick has to be living when picked. Also, nobody whose execution date is circled on the calendar. Also, please don’t kill anybody.
1. Pick a celebrity. Any celebrity — though I reserve the right to nix picks I never heard of (I don’t generally follow the Dead Pool threads carefully, so if you’re unsure of your pick, call it to my attention).
2. We start from scratch every time. No matter who you had last time, or who you may have called between rounds, you have to turn up on this very thread and stake your claim.
3. Poaching and other dirty tricks positively encouraged.
4. Your first choice sticks. Don’t just blurt something out, m’kay?
5. It’s up to you to search the thread and make sure your choice is unique. I’m waayyyy too lazy to catch the dupes. Popular picks go fast.
6. The pool stays open until somebody on the list dies. Feel free to jump in any time. Noobs, strangers, drive-bys and one-comment-wonders — all are welcome.
7. If you want your fabulous prize, you have to entrust me with a mailing address. If you don’t want the fabulous prize, you’re too smart to be a regular. It takes me forever to put them in the mail, packages go by slow boat, typically take minimum eight to ten weeks and lose the will to live along the way.
8. The new DeadPool will begin 6pm WBT (Weasel’s Blog Time) the Friday after the last round is concluded.
The prize? Good question. It has always been a delicious two-pack of Aunty’s Spotted Dick, but we’re currently debating the merits of a prize that isn’t like trans-Atlantically shipping a brick.