Round 54: they fall like Autumn leaves
So, Steve is determined to creep everyone out by winning the Dead Pool again and again until we sacrifice a goat to him or something. I’m unclear. He hasn’t issued his demands yet.
This time, his pick was Erich Priebke. Priebke was an SS captain involved in the massacre at the Ardeatine caves in Italy in 1944. After the war, he fled to Argentina and lived a quiet life with his family for fifty years. Then he decided it was safe to come out and give an interview to Sam Donaldson.
Huh. Turns out, you can live a lifetime of bad decisions and still make it to a hundred.
Okay, ready? Here we go. Quick, before Steve gets in:
0. Rule Zero (AKA Steve’s Rule): your pick has to be living when picked. Also, nobody whose execution date is circled on the calendar. Also, please don’t kill anybody.
1. Pick a celebrity. Any celebrity — though I reserve the right to nix picks I never heard of (I don’t generally follow the Dead Pool threads carefully, so if you’re unsure of your pick, call it to my attention).
2. We start from scratch every time. No matter who you had last time, or who you may have called between rounds, you have to turn up on this very thread and stake your claim.
3. Poaching and other dirty tricks positively encouraged.
4. Your first choice sticks. Don’t just blurt something out, m’kay?
5. It’s up to you to search the thread and make sure your choice is unique. I’m waayyyy too lazy to catch the dupes. Popular picks go fast.
6. The pool stays open until somebody on the list dies. Feel free to jump in any time. Noobs, strangers, drive-bys and one-comment-wonders — all are welcome.
7. If you want your fabulous prize, you have to entrust me with a mailing address. If you’ve won before, send me your address again. I don’t keep good records.
8. The new DeadPool will begin 6pm WBT (Weasel’s Blog Time) the Friday after the last round is concluded.
The winner, if the winner chooses to entrust me with a mailing address, will receive an Official Certificate of Dick Winning and a small original drawing on paper suffused with elephant shit particles. Because w00t!